Alugedde Kut (Potato Savoury)
Contributed by Namrata Subrahmanya
6 red chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
a pinch of asafoetida
1/4 cup tamarind juice
oil as needed
salt to taste
1. Peel potatoes and cut lengthwise into small sticks.
2. Smear with salt and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
3. Sqeeze out the water and deep fry the potatoes till golden brown.
4. Dry roast red chillies, fenugreek, mustard seeds and asafoetida. Grind with tamarind juice and salt to a fine paste.
5. Mix the ground masala with fried potato pieces and serve hot.
[Recipes Page] [Food Page] [All India Home Page]